Doncasters FVC, based in Sheffield in the north of England, pioneered the technique of centri-shape processing. This centrifugal casting process enables the production of high integrity products up to 3.5 m (11.5 ft) diameter and 7,000 kg (7.7 ton) cast weight.
Specialising in centrispun castings in low alloy, corrosion, heat resistant steel and nickel alloys, as well as specially shaped split casings incorporating lugs, bosses and flanges in stainless steel and other high alloy materials, Doncasters FVC is a leader in supplying centrifugal products to the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, nuclear and process industries.
- Casings – fan, compressor, combustor (cast)
Industrial Gas Turbine Market:
- IGT cast structural components (cast)
- IGT turbine rings and discs (cast)
- IGT casings (cast)
- Centrifuge components
BS EN 9001, AS 9100, NADCAP Heat Treating, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Vertical centrspinning of rings and casings up to 3.5 m (11.5 ft) in diameter
- Horizontal centrispinning of tubes and rings up to 1m in diameter and 5 m (16.4 ft) in length
- Proof or finished machined supply condition