Exciting Opportunity to join the Bramah Team
We are looking for an experienced CAD CAM Engineer to join our successful engineering team at our Bramah site in Sheffield.
The right candidate will work within a team environment for all computer-aided manufacturing based activities within the Engineering function. To perform and ensure by applying effective systems that the key engineering stages for CAM model generation, machine tool programs, simulated verification and drafting data meet the agreed business milestones and deliverables for each project.
• Create CAM generated cost estimates to support the commercial ‘Bid’ process (CCW) and provide subsequent target unit production costs (TUPC) standard hours for contract award implementation.
• Ensure that the suitable tool-sets and systems are applied to achieving capable CAM outputs. This will include stage modelling, CNC/CMM programs up to a DNC output and any associated drafting data.
• Complete CAM simulation for all SPF and machine tool program outputs.
• In conjunction with the relevant Forward Planning ME’s, establish agreements of ‘pencil routing’ proposals for optimum method of manufacture for CAM generated parts prior to EFACS creation by the Forward Planning ME. This may include potential need for fixtures, tooling, CNC & CMM programs, stage drawings, set-up sheets.
• Determine agreement or identification with the relevant Tooling ME’s and Cell engineers, proposed cutting tool definition prior to CNC program creation.
• Generate the agreed CAM data requirements within a manufacturing data pack. This will include NX outputs for all operational stage models, CNC and CMM programs plus stage drawings and set up sheets. Where required complete the validation of CAM generated source data by the use of both PAM Stamp and Veri-cut simulation software
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
• Proven working experience within a Manufacturing Engineering function, having a comprehensive understanding of processes and tool-sets which relate to computer aided manufacturing data creation and control across a range of products.
• Demonstrable Software package experience: e.g. Unigraphics NX, Veri-cut. Applicants with Catia experience will also be considered.
• A sound engineering background with particular understanding of CNC machine tools using DNC outputs.
• The skill sets to validate CAM generated data by simulated software particularly Veri-cut and PAM Stamp software.
• A good team worker who will positively accept or seek out new challenges within the functional role and embraces change positively.
• Has the ability to plan and prioritise tasks, will anticipate potential problems or concerns that may arise then take appropriate actions for their quick resolution to ensure completion to agreed timescales.
If you have the drive, passion and skills to succeed and want great career opportunities, to work with a great team and be part of one of the oldest manufacturing organisations in the Country then apply now.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org